Friday, July 31, 2009

Eventful Stampede, of Nadia, Ikea, Attitude, Allison and QM Blues

Fourth Post for the fourth Semester ! time passes by like river water and realized I have accumulated four events for the fourth post, Good things come in fours huh ^_^ lol

Firstly, we met up with Nadia Sarah Anne to have lunch in Nando's SJ, then hor we were greeted by a waitress who clearly have problems with math XD, 2 drinks for 5 people ?, no...its 2 drinks for 2 people dear, learn to count ! Hahaha wow, that is just so evil of me ! but oh well, her pretentious english accent did not help her at all, well, joykiller aside, we had a great time ! was laughing alot thanks to Nadia XD she is such a person with many stories and dramatic recounts that really made our day lol, then....we started taking pictures and I realized Ze Ling had the ability to adapt to any wall shape, ITS TRUE, I have proof !


*drum roll* Presenting Ze Ling the shape shifter !

Then, the once Vernon's title of "Eveready" was passed on to Ze Ling, heres why,

She could pose until everyone gets ready for the camera XD lol, hahahah, no worries ! its not a bad thing ya, thats one of the reasons that made her so "Ze Ling" . Oh, Nigel went too, but I don't have a picture of him with us, check their facebook for more pics !

Then on 22nd July, we went to IKANO for some furniture shopping as well as the delicious meatballs, hotdogs and curry puffs ! it was fun looking at the furnitures with them, especially the mock bedrooms and living rooms that they put up, we were admiring the simplicity and modern designs of Ikea furniture, dunno why, everytime I'm in Ikea, I feel very inspired ! different feelings/inspirations are able to be conjured up and communicated to the customers, I find that to be a very valuable "asset" to a furniture business like Ikea, remember the environment that people shop in or stop by is very important ! then of course we stopped by at the Ikea restaurant for...

Vegetarian Tomato Pasta, which was just so-so, RM 5.50 for this and a can of Ice Lemon Tea
MEATBALLS, omg, the gravy is to die for XD but hor, that day the the meatballs were abit tough, I think it was left there for quite some time maybe ?

Daim Cake, le wayne and Ze Ling's

Oh yeah ! Ting Li dressed up for that day, wah, she looked so different ! in a good way of course !

Love this group picture ! we actually took it when everyone was starting to stare at us XD lol Good to do some crazy stuff sometimes with the gang ! ^_^

Ze Ling after looking for treasures in IKEA


Then, I bought two T-shirts from....a shop I forgot its name XD which was pretty cool considering I never thought I would buy something that day lol, thanks to everyone for recommending different clothes ! ^_^

And the day ended by me dumping Ze Ling, Zahra and Le Wayne in a frantic search for home lol *runs away*

Exactly after a day after the Ikea trip, Tony Christiansen was in town to give a total of two talks I think o_O one in UTAR and one in Taylors, at first I only thought he was only going to UTAR to give his talk, and you need to cut out the newspaper in order to attend or something, but luckily, he was invited to Taylor's too ! so I thought, why not ?

at first the thought of attending alone was quite terrifying XD, and I thought not much peeps would attend, mana tau, the whole hall was full o_O. Great, so I just sat down and listened.

At the age of 9, an accident made him lost his limbs, but from then onwards, nothing was able to put his spirit down as of now, he is a

  • Successful businessman
  • Best selling author
  • A qualified lifeguard, honoured by World Surf Lifesaving Federation
  • Olympic Gold Medallist in shot put, discus and javelin
  • Second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do
  • Race car champion - world's fastest amputee
  • Qualified pilot, creating New Zealand aviation history
  • Qualified Scuba Diver
  • In December 2002, against all odds, Tony climbed Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain. (copied from his website)
Inspiring stories and a very funny guy, I can't understand some parts because of his New Zealand accent (I'm pretty sure Zahra can) XD but despite giving this talk a gazillion times, it felt really genuine, everyone was dead silent when he was recounting his emotional experiences, I'm pretty sure he touched every single soul in the hall that day, and he was a freaking lifeguard ! beat that ! XD

'Life is like flying a plane, if you don't steer it you end up going somewhere you don't want to be'

Amazing what humans can do when they put their mind into it.

'Why should the world label me disabled when I have done more in my life than most people will ever dream of? - and I haven't finished yet! Why do we need to categorise people?' ~ Tony Christiansen

And then a day before Uni starts, I mustered up all my courage to call Aunty Allison (Isaac's mom) to go out for Karaoke, since me and Han Lim promised to do so. It was so sporting of her ! and we had a great great great time for a long while in Karaokes, she took all sorts of food for the both of us, very kind hor and both of us were doing our best to entertain her and make her feel comfortable, instead in was the other way round, she didn't need to, because she was just so outgoing and we just had fun, and she sang Mariah Carrey and Whitney Houston tau, her singing was so innocent and sweet ! and the three of us just talked and talked and talked when we settled down in McD, never our conversation was broken by silence, we just kept talking XD lol

Han Lim belting out ballads ! he really put effort in that day lol

Han Lim and Aunty Allison

Aunty Allison and I

The amount of food she took for us from the buffet lol


Aunty Allison, she just like little girl lah, full of love, innocence, and knows how to have fun lol ^^ and loves her son lots

And as for our first QM class ! this picture says it all lol


Notice Zi Ling's comic book XD

Anyway, thats about it for now ! School holidays were one of the more fruitful ones that I've had, Taman Negara, Klang outing, Karaoke with MANY PEOPLE lol, Exercised abit, Read Books, Played Games, Opened Facebook, Opened blog, satisfactory exam results,and a fresh new start of Uni ! lol and I realized my this post got quite a serious tone o_O dunno why lol, ta ! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. hello..there's an error.. "loves his son lots"..supposed to be her, rite?

    anyways, tht dozing off picture..like, omg...hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I didn't notice ! Thanks alot ! ^_^

    Hehe, was waiting for the right moment for that picture lol

    ReplyDelete