Friday, August 14, 2009

The Big Fat Birthday Bash

Sixth post ! Lately, TLC/TBS (Totally Lame Club & Totally Bitchin' Society) acquired a new addiction that takes our mind of our studies ! it is an activity that involves...
  • Crowding
  • 6 Girls and 1 Guy (Sometimes 2)
  • Immense attention and concentration
  • Pointing and Excessive Touching
its not cigarettes, its not gossiping, its not 6th floor and definitely not drugs, guess what it is XD ?


PHOTOHUNT ! the one where you gotta spot the difference in two similar pictures within a depleting time limit. The Megatouch machine we played on is located inside Club 9.

So why the heck are we so addicted to this ? cuz :

  • Its Fun!
  • Its Multiplayer !
  • It hurts our eyes
  • We could potentially get a free jug of beer out of this.
Don't believe me ? See this :

But wait, something is wrong with this picture ! due to excessive photohunting, I can bet everyone that played the game had the following picture in mind when they saw this notice...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"OMG, where is the other four ??!!"



Anyways, due to our combined amount of eyes and effort, we managed to ....

BE NUMBAH WAN !!!!

Then we got listed into the Prestigious Photohunt Hall of Fame, for being the highest so far ! just a little bit more then we would have gotten that jug of beer which we would consider it as our trophy.

But we're still working on it, having regular sessions now and then XD

Then right after ICBM lecture for that day, the craving for Sandwiches were too strong to bear for the girls so they all took Zahra, Wei Ling and lured Alvin to Big Fat Bird Cafe for the first time located at Tropicana City Business Park, just right opposite Tropicana City (the side of TC)

Unit G11, Block C,
Tropicana City Business Park,
47400 Petaling Jaya
Tel : 0126810690
www.bigfatbird.com

Basically their main menu consists of Sandwiches, Soup, Cake, Tarts, Beverages (e.g Coffee, Espresso, Lemonade). Its my second time there, and I'm still in love with the decor and ambiance. White as the main color (tables and chairs) , and a touch of black (the book shelves, the large blackboard menu which I liked very much) makes it very simple but effective, and it brings out some sort of peaceful feeling while remaining modern and stylish at the same time.


The Blackboard which they write the menu on, very creative ! and colorful

The lovely pair ! Nope...they are not part of the Decor, and they are definitely NOT FOR SALE

Good to see Alvin again ! just came back from India, can see that he is overflowing with Medical knowledge, "can see" is because he talks passionately about his classes and what is it like studying medicine in India (like sticking his hand into a corpse) thats the part where I remember the most lol, Wish him the Best of Luck ! and then at least got Doctor friend lol XD tumpang glamour.

I ordered the Mustard Sausage Sandwich and also Soup of the Day (Mushroom) and its good ! definitely for Mustard lovers ! on par with the Spicy Pepperoni Sandwich that I tried the other day, RECOMMENDED ! try it when you have the chance. But I would like it if the bread was just a lil crispier, and you can choose between white or whole meal bread.

Doesn't this look tempting ?

My Mushroom soup, Mmmmm...I could still remember the taste honestly, Its mushroomy at the same time it is not too thick, just nice ! time to throw that can of Campbell and head over here...if you're sick of Campbell, then this is should be a nice change of pace, for Mushroom soup lovers out there lah !

Then, everyone's meal came along too, then I took Elaine by surprise by asking :

Jeff : Hey, hows your Turkey Ham Sandwich ?
Elaine : Mmmphbrhshfffttmmvvnotbad

Haha, of course thats not what happened lah, here is the original picture

Elaine enjoying her Turkey Ham

The aftermath, XD so clean !

Then on 12th August 2009, we celebrated Shanz's Birthday ! we had the whole day planned out, and was quite excited ! but we had to go through ICBM lecture first lah and had breakfast at Peppercorn. Haha and I didn't know the girls bought a mini Tiara that is supposed to be passed along to the next birthday girl when the day arrives. And it is able to give the wearer immense BOSSY POWER, it worked, since I dare not "Cha" her that day.

"Where did my minions go ?"

"Ohh...so there you all are !"

She used it on the girls to get herself some balloons XD and it worked o_O

Then we went to Pyramid for Popeye ! since Shannon and Ze Ling claimed how good it is, been wanting to try it out since long long time ago.

Then Shannon and I made a deal to try out most of the stuff by ordering the set meal with two chickens and another set with fish and shrimps. Wakakaka win-win situation ! we're a greedy bunch.

The Fish was good, crispy at the outside, soft inside and little salty, dip it in a little bit of Tartar sauce and you're good to go. my only complaint is just that the portion was quite small, the shrimp was worse, probably around 5 medium sized shrimps only and it was pretty tough o_O
Fries were okay.

The Mashed Potato is a highlight as it is different and better than other outlets like KFC, I think the gravy is mixed with chopped up garlic, and the gravy reminds me abit of BBQ sauce, other than that, its good Mashed Potato !

Nigel and IJess, Shanz's Cousin, Shanz, Ze LingThiam PingAngelyn & Wei LingAngelyn & ElaineLe Wayne and I

Haha love the pictures ! everyone very natural ! cept me looking blur there lol

Then with Ze Ling's suggestion, we went to ZEN to get a slice of cake for Shannon, she ordered Chocolate Cheese I think lol
Shannon's Cousin and Wei Ling (At Zen)

*FA3 Bookprize, ICBM Bookprize, CPL Bookprize... Aiyah, since I'm at it, QM also lah*
*Namo, Namo, Namo, Namo*

Nigel's Chocolate Marshmallow Cheese Cake

Nigel wondering how the heck I beat him but lost to a beginner computer

The girls went back home to change, since no one took us in we were left wandering in the streets of Pyramid, we wanted to watch District 9 but its gonna end pretty near to our meeting up time at Euphoria so we canned that idea and went for arcade instead, used quite alot of money XD

Then of course we changed, and at the hotel washroom where I was busy styling my hair, this foreigner while washing his hand spontaneously said something along the lines of

Foreigner : You won't have to style your hair once you have my kind of hair ! *jokingly while pulling back his small patch of hair with his palms*

I just laughed out loud, amazing cuz I normally wouldn't joke with someone totally alien to me o_O let alone in the washroom, I found that quite impressive, therefore I must learn to be spontaneous with total strangers sometimes, I guess, cuz with that simple joke, he made my day and got me ready for the dancefloor ! Bring on Euphoria !

Hahaha ! look on the bright side ! at least its not Ribbon or something XD
(Haha this is for giving me a girly name sometime ago bro ! lol revenge)
its Karma, I tell you lol

The Lovely Ladies and Birthday Girl !

Hahaha it looks like Zahra is pulling Angelyn's ear

Ze Ling must have seen some Leng Chai or something


However, we did something crazy that day, it was already 11 o clock and no one is at the dance floor yet ! we were going to leave early so...that makes dancing later not an option, so the Gutsy/Fantastic/SS Four, comprising Elaine, Le Wayne, Nigel and I, just went on and started the dancefloor, it took probably around 30 min till people started to grow balls and came down to dance, cheers to all the people who came down early including those two guys ! Guess what ? You've got Balls !

Then the other girls refused to come down eventhough we wanted to go as a group, wah.....it seemed like forever waiting for them to come down, lol then need Shannon come out secret weapon they only want to come down lol.

P.S. the podium girl was crazy but good to watch XD

However, was quite dissapointed with the song choices lah, it was like generic dance number 1 to generic dance number 2 to 3 then probably till infinity, I could count the number of songs that I know...WITH ONLY ONE HAND.

Only two dissapointingly remixed Micheal Jackson songs, it sounded as if MJ was high on Helium gas or something, they should just leave it as it is, especially Jackson 5's "I Want You Back", ain't nothing wrong dancing to his original sweet innocent voice yo !

So thanks to Nigel for dropping me at Asia Cafe, upon reaching home, showered, I still had FA3 to do, so I popped in my Micheal Jackson CD and danced to the music solo did my homework while singing along, now thats SATISFACTION !

That is all for today ! aiyah, missing Zahra, Nadia, Vernon, Chris, Sylvia, Emily, Reuben






and before I forget........LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ! PRESENTING...


AH ZHE !


  • Thanks to Wei Ling, Ze Ling and Le Wayne for the pics !
  • Sorry, I kind of typed this while I'm pretty sleepy o_O bound to have mistakes and weird sentence structures lol
  • Thanks to everyone who attended ! especially those first timers !

3 comments:

  1. i love the entry. great job..!

    for the "you won a jug of beer", it is more to like spot the errors..lol

    n the caption of shannon making her bday wish, is it for real or wat???lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg the captions damn funny la.. YZL saw a leng chai...i was looking for something to make my day... JENG JENG JENG... u did =) ok i dun puji a lot so u beter like be super proud!.. anways miss u guys bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah Wah, thank you thank you, I am honoured that you puji me *and is super proud* lol and like what I wrote ! lol I shall keep it up when I have the time !

    Thanks for reading ! ^_^ this week very busy so not gonna write anything lol

    ReplyDelete